Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Moderation

If you ever wonder why I get behind on adding posts, or wish I was more active on facebook, this video is probably the reason why. It really resonates with me and what I spend my time doing. In those moments where I realize that I'm wasting my time with things that are not truly fulfilling, or losing precious time with my daughter, I step away. And perhaps that's because I'm not too good at cutting down, but rather, need to completely eliminate and start over fresh. Whatever way it's done, I recommend it to anyone. Learn something new and start to be engaged in your own life.

3 comments:

  1. Great video. Nice message. But Thomas Edison? Really? How about Nikola Tesla? Yeah, Edison invented the light bulb (after much trial and error) and it's everyday we're reminded of it when we turn one on. How soon we forget though it was Nikola Tesla, AC current @ 60Hz, and transformers that efficiently bring electricity from far off distances into our homes to run the light bulbs. And all of that was the result of Tesla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get your point, and I have had this discussion with my husband (who researched energy generation and delivery for months). However, that was a VERY small aspect of the video, and I didn't latch onto it. I also did not make the video, so I can't fix it. But I get 'ya. Wish more people knew about Tesla.

      Delete
  2. That video summarizes my thought almost daily... but here I still am blogging away, facebooking, and now tweeting. But, there is more moderation lately. And I actually am trying to learn new things. :)

    ReplyDelete