Monday, February 27, 2012

Tough, but ordinary week

This week has been fairly typical for me. I made a few new books and have come up with a few ideas for more. Today I added 2 new books on etsy. I've been on a mini book kick for a while, but I will be getting back to regular sized ones soon.

Little one was sick last week with a virus that I think I passed around to the family, and that combined with her new-found toddlerhood didn't mix well and did not create the happiest kid on the block. Being a mother of a toddler is not like being the mother of an infant, and I'm learning that quickly. Luckily, she's healthy now and is giving me the good week that I (and hubby) felt like I (we) needed.

My latest non-book creation was a hoodie for Bug. I used a pattern I bought off of etsy with some Christmas money from a fantastic shop called HeidiandFinn. I got a buy two get one free deal, and I've made 2 out 3 of the ones I purchased. The instructions are easy to follow and they create really adorable clothes. I got the urban unisex hoodie, cowl neck jumper dress and the chic cocktail swing coat.

While I was making the hoodie, Lindsay was drawn to the straight pins....and like the new mom I am, I decided to let her play with them (with some supervision, of course). Now, before I explain more, I have to give some background on my family. My dad has Latino blood in him, but there's a joke in the family (thanks to one of my aunts) who says he's the Chinese brother. Well, guess what Lindsay chose to do with those straight pins? She stabbed them into her stuffed animal bear and elephant. Quite skillfully too, I might add. That girl has some great hand eye coordination, and some patience too. She was pretty accurate with her placement and particular about how many on each animal. Bear got them around the mouth line, and elephant got them in the forehead. I guess if she had anything passed down from her "Chinese" grandpa, it would be her future as an acupuncturist. :) I thought I'd share a few pictures.







She's even helped me sew two of the books in my etsy shop. Partly because she insisted on sitting on my lap while I was making them, but in the end, she actually help a lot! You bet I'm going to get her started sewing by the time she's in kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment