Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day! I've always been someone who's liked this day, regardless of my relationship status (in high school/college). I know some people who have a love/hate relationship with it, but I'm a believer that it's good to get a yearly reminder to appreciate the ones you love. I've read statuses (statusi?) on facebook proposing that we spend everyday, not just this one day, showing our love and appreciation. And I think that's a great idea. But that doesn't make this one day less special. It's kind of like New Years Resolutions. Yes, I believe we should be living healthily and exercising all year long, but New Years is a good time to remind yourself of your goals. Same thing with V-day.

Well, karma must have caught up with me today. I guess we must have not tipped a waiter enough, or I thought poorly of a Utah driver because I got sick. Yuck. Who wants to be sick on Valentine's Day? I guess the worst part is that I don't know what the bug was. And I really hope that no one else in my family gets sick too. Mom said she's feeling under the weather too. Bleh.

As an upside, we're celebrating Valentine's for the whole week...a little tomorrow (because today was crazy) and maybe something this weekend. I'm thinking of adopting the idea of celebrating birthdays for a week, and Christmas for a month. :)

Lastly, for your enjoyment, a video of Lindsay blowing on a helicopter. Okay, that sounds weird. But you have to watch it to understand. :)


The chorus of laughter and comments are from my family who was webchatting with us at the time.

1 comment: